In the Spotlight, this week is Lake Michigan, one of the Great Lakes. A field report is received from longtime fan and listener, Joan Aalberts from Holland, Michigan. It is reported that the steelhead salmon (or Chinook Salmon) are biting. Aalberts was able to do a charter with Yacht Basin Marina.
OUTDOORS NEWS HEADLINES
- The NFL plans to play 3 games on Christmas Day 2023.
- Brad Pitt launches a new gin.
- Nabisco is bringing back S’mores flavored Oreos.
- California home is broken into via the doggie door by a coyote.
- McDonald’s for a limited time is offering the Oreo Frappe.
- “Pizza Anytime” red based, twist on a bloody mary. Recipe is shared.
- Raman Noodles study by Baylor University reveals a Health Alert.
- Raccoons in Austin, Texas take over a high school. Always check your home, buildings and equipment for areas that unwanted critters can enter.
How to plan for a stress-free summer? Tips for hosting and/or going on trip that if done now will you having fun. Often we wait excitedly for summer but then is ruined when the activities arrive and one is overwhelmed getting ready. Do these things now and your headaches will be much less. These are tried and true hacks that work for many different occasions, and if done right will save you money too.
TikTok Trend on social media called “The $10 Meal Challenge”. Tigger & BEC both can get behind this concept. BEC recommends getting the whole family involved. Share your success stories with @thebendshow or by emailing [email protected], and you will be in the spotlight in a future The Bend Show episode.
- Lay’s has three new sandwich-flavored chips.
- Girl Scout Thin Mint Milk Chocolate Malt Balls are a new release.
- Brewers place tulips in beer, hear where to find it on tap.
BEC’s BARREL OF FEEL GOOD
- 104-year-old, Antoinette Inserra, of Staten Island, New York credits her longevity due to a diet that doesn’t sound too bad.
- Have you seen anyone wearing a PEAR ring? Have you seen a lot of turquoise silicon rings? It’s the latest trend for singles to tell other singles they are looking for a mate.
CHINOOK (KING) SALMON
The Oncorhynchus Tshawytscha or Chinook (King) Salmon are present in all of the Great Lakes in North America. The best fishing in the United States is on Lake Michigan, one of the Great Lakes, as well as inland fishing on the Manistee, Pere Marquette and St. Joseph Rivers in the state of Michigan. These salmon prefer cooler water temperatures than their cousin the Coho Salmon. As a result, King Salmon are caught at deeper depths. In order to reach the deeper water, anglers use downriggers and have the rods strung with lead-core or copper line. This allows for the spoons, flies, dodgers and cut bait rigs to reach the salmon strike zone. Chinooks (King Salmon) can be often found more than 100 feet below the surface.
Field Reports or Comments
Call or Text your questions, comments and Field Reports: 305-900-BEND or 305-900-2363
Or email [email protected]
FOLLOW Facebook/Instagram: @thebendshow
SUBSCRIBE to The Bend YouTube Channel.
#catchBECifyoucan #tiggerandbec #outdoors #travel
The Outdoors, Rural America And Conservation are Center-Stage.
AND how is that? Because Tigger & BEC… Live This Lifestyle.
Learn more about Jeff ‘Tigger’ Erhardt & Rebecca Wanner aka BEC here: TiggerandBEC.com
The Bend is a Nationally Syndicated Radio Show
& on your favorite podcast player!
Subscribe, play, & listen!
More Episodes For You To Catch!
Story of a father and son buffalo hunt in Chadron, NE, and how professional athletes relax in the outdoors. How to SMART plan your New Year’s Resolution.
Practice Makes Perfect: Master Cooking Skills for Wild Game, Tougher Beef Cuts and Fish. Learn to cook comfortably to repeat successful meals.
Easy Holiday recipes are shared by Kent Rollins, The Cowboy Cook. Top signs you are allergic to the Christmas Tree.